Adweek: Building Brands, One Act at a Time


I’m writing from the Delta Sky Club in San Diego today as I wait for my return flight to Cincinnati after a whirlwind iMedia Brand Summit. My keynote speech yesterday went very well and I got to hand out 400 copies of my new book to an audience of brilliant digital marketers. I got to meet many of them, and, thankfully, my Twitter feedback on the presentation was strong! I’ll share more of my experience and lessons from iMedia in the next few days, but for now I wanted to share an article that I wrote for Adweek, which just hit today.
In this piece I put traditional equity building ad campaigns in the crosshairs and call out several examples of big brands that have failed to turn themselves around despite big spending and slick, celebrity-laden ad campaigns. Meanwhile, a handful of companies are making tremendous revenue and equity gains by creating marketing that actually adds value to people’s lives.
Take a read and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment